Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Not the same chocolate chip cookies and Coke is expensive

So Ben and I wanted chocolate chip cookies tonight and when we bought the chocolate chips I thought I would use the recipe on the back of the bag instead of the traditional Nestle Toll House recipe that I usually use.  The recipe only used flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips-no eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, or salt.  Well, I will be using the traditional recipe next time.  The batter was really dry and the cookies weren't nearly as good.  It was worth a try though.  We also broke down at the store and bought Coke and Diet Coke.  We always kept Coke and Diet Coke stocked at our place in Chicago, but it is so expensive here so we had only been getting it for a treat.  I figured out it was more expensive to buy one soda a week for each of us than to just buy a 24 pack of each at the store, but it was still $29 total for the two 24 packs!  We've found that groceries in general are more expensive here and we aren't sure why.  That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. So Dr. Jenkinson is right! He claims food is ultra expensive there too. He says it's because it's an island and there aren't many areas for good farming... but that seems like a simple answer. He did tell me not to eat much or to take a lot of money with me in January!

    ReplyDelete