Monday, October 18, 2010

Burnie 10

Sunday morning I ran the Burnie 10 as Ben mentioned in previous posts.   The race didn't start until 11:15 which meant we could sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast before the race.  We are so used to races starting at 7 or 8 in the morning.  There were over 3700 people signed up for the 10K race.  It was a really fun race on an out and back course along the water.  Coming back we were running into a pretty strong headwind which I think may have slowed me down a bit, but I was very happy with my time of 1:05:12 which was better than the other two 10K races I have run before.  
Ready to go before the race

The first place finisher! Check out his time!  Faster than 5 minutes per mile-amazing!

I'm almost to the finish line!

Yay, I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment