Saturday, July 24, 2010

No Visas, No Worries!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I was waiting until I had some concrete news to share. Well, we had been hoping to leave around July 12th and head to Hawaii, but that did not happen because we found out that Ben's medical registration paperwork was going to have to be approved under a new system (country based vs. state based). Ben still has not had his medical registration approved and therefore our visas have not been approved either, but Global Medical has agreed to book us tickets to Sydney so we can travel around Australia and even live in our apartment if we want to until the paperwork goes through.
In the meantime we have been keeping busy here. We were able to visit our cousin Cheryl, her husband Jeremy, their son Jacob, and new baby Joel. We went to a Tiger game with the Flagel family. We played mini-golf and drove go-carts with Hannah.

I've gotten to walk on the Ionia River Trail with my mom. Ben and I went to St. Joseph and met up with Sarah to walk on the beach and have dinner. Ben and I stayed the night in a great bed and breakfast.
We watched the Tigers lose a double header to Cleveland and went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.
We just found out today that our tickets were booked and were able to celebrate with dinner at Outback Steakhouse with Ben's parents. We will spend the next week or so finishing up things here before we leave Sunday, August 1.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family Time

Hi all,

We arrived in Michigan last Wednesday and have been busy ever since. Ben and I went to a Tiger game on Friday. My mom and I got pedicures and went out to lunch with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. We went to Berrien Springs to celebrate Fourth of July with the Flagel side of the family. I went to visit my dad and Laurel in Greenville. We took my mom, Wayne, and Joel out for dinner to celebrate my mom's retirement. I went to the kids' library program with my mom and two adorable twins from her class. I've been able to go running on the country roads in Lake Odessa.

We still don't know what date we are leaving. We are waiting for Ben's medical registration and our visas to come through. We aren't sure if we will be able to go to Hawaii or not, but are still shooting for an early August start date in Tasmania. Maybe we will have to hit Hawaii on our way home. We'll see what happens and keep you updated.